Cygnus Dive Underwater Gauge
DUE TO EXPORTATION RESTRICTION THIS PRODUCT CANNOT SHIP OUTSIDE CANADA or USA – PLEASE CONTACT US IF OUTSIDE THOSE COUNTRIES.
The Cygnus DIVE is a wrist-mountable, simple to operate, robust underwater ultrasonic thickness gauge which provides an invaluable free hand while performing remaining metal thickness measurements. The Cygnus pioneered Multiple Echo technique is the heart of the electronics and ensures protective coatings up to 20 mm (0.787″) thick are completely ignored, there is no need to remove protective coatings. Additionally, all measurements are automatically checked and verified by the Multiple Echo technique electronics. The large, bright color AMOLED display is easily viewable by both the diver and his camera even in the poorest visibility and the operation of the gauge couldn’t be simpler, only two buttons for easy navigation of the intuitive, clear menus. The completely new feature of the DIVE is the added flexibility of single echo mode where twin crystal probes can be used. This feature is useful for some specific situations including on; uncoated surfaces that have extreme front face and back wall corrosion and anchor chain links.
- Wrist-mountable giving the diver a free hand
- Large, bright color AMOLED display, highly viewable by diver and camera in poor visibility
- A-Scan display to assist with measurement verification
- Auto-Log Data Logging – option, no log button to press – stores up to 5,000 measurements with A-Scans
- Multiple Echo means no need to remove protective coatings up to 20 mm (0.787″) thick
- Error-checked Multiple Echo measurements to ensure genuine, verified measurements are displayed
- Deep Coat mode to measure through coatings up to 20 mm (0.787″) thick
- Single Echo mode with Twin Crystal probes
- Probes are connected to the DIVE with a coiled double jacket cable which will extend up to 1 meter (3 ft)
- Pressure tested to 300 meters (1,000 ft)
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery giving up to 11 hours continuous operation.
- – Standard with 13mm Probe (001-7210/2) ; Cygnus DIVE mk2 UTG Kit with S2C 2.25 MHz 1/2” (13mm) Probe : Cygnus DIVE MK2 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge (UTG), now with bright AMOLED Display, Probe S2C 2.25MHz ½”, 2 rechargeable batteries, battery charger, screen protector, silicone grease, lanyard, spare membranes, steel test block, ultrasonic couplant, operation manual and carry case.
- – Data Logging with S2C Probe (001-7211/2) ; Cygnus Data Logging DIVE mk2 UTG Kit with S2C Probe : Cygnus Data Logging DIVE Mk2 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge (UTG), now with bright AMOLED display, Probe S2C 2.25MHz ½”, Cygnus CygLink software on USB flash drive, Cygnus DIVE Data Logger (Fischer) direct to PC (USB) lead, Software enabler key (on USB flash drive), 2 rechargeable batteries, battery charger, screen protector, silicone grease, lanyard, spare membranes, steel test block, ultrasonic couplant, operation manual and carry case.
- With Helmet View (001-7224/2) ; Helmet View MK2 Remote Display Kit for Cygnus DIVE : An OLED display, integrated link lead to Cygnus DIVE (Fischer) and mounting brackets for Kirby Morgan helmets, to display the thickness measurement in front of a diver’s lens (Suitable for use with DIVE Mk1 (orange gauge).
Technical Specifications :
|Display||2.8” quarter VGA color AMOLED (320 x 240 pixels)Large clear thickness measurement (15 mm (0.591″) high numbers), viewable from all anglesA-Scan display with automatic X axisBattery level, signal strength, probe type, velocityMeasurement mode and units indication|
|Battery||Single 3.6V Li-ion 8.2 W battery11 hours continuous measurementLow battery warning ‘alert’ message|
|MeasurementModes||Multiple Echo (three back-wall echoes) using Single Crystal (zero-degree) probes automatically ignores surface Modes coatings and measures only metal thicknessSingle Echo (first back-wall echo) using Twin Crystal probes|
|Deep Coat||In Multiple Echo mode, allows measurement to be made through thicker coatings of suitable materials of up to 20 mm (0.787″) thick|
|Probes||Single Crystal probes:2.25 MHz 13 mm (0.512″) (standard) S2C2.25 MHz 19 mm (0.748″) S2D3.5 MHz 13 mm (0.512″) S3C5.0 MHz 6 mm (0.236″) S5CTwin Crystal probes:2.0 MHz 13 mm (0.512″) x2 (for cast irons etc.) T2C5.0 MHz 8 mm (0.315″) x2 (standard) T5B|
|Probes Cables||Double outer jacket in tough PU. Colored yellow for easy locations underwater. Coiled for ease of use. Fischer S105 series connectors.|
|MeasurementRanges||Multiple Echo (through coatings) with Single Crystal probes:2.25 MHz = 3.0 to 250 mm (0.110″ to 9.995″)3.5 MHz = 2.0 to 150 mm (0.065″ to 6.000″)5.0 MHz = 1.0 to 50 mm (0.045″ to 4.000″)Single Echo with Twin Crystal probes:5.0 MHz = 1.5 to 50 mm (0.059″ to 4.000″) in steel2.0 MHz = 2.5 to 150 mm (0.098″ to 6.000″) in steel|
|MeasurementResolution||Multiple Echo with Single Crystal probes – 0.1 mm or 0.05 mm (0.005″ or 0.002″)Single Echo with Twin Crystal probes – 0.1 mm or 0.01 mm (0.005″ or 0.0004″)|
|MeasurementUnits||mm or inches|
|Probe Zero||Fully automatic probe zeroing for all probes types|
|V-PathCorrection||Automatic V-Path correction for all Twin Crystal probes|
|Velocity Range||2000 to 9000 m/s in 1 m/s setps (78740.158 to 354330.709 in/s in 39.370 in/s setps)|
|Pulser||Twin channel 70 V spike pulser|
|Receiver /Amplifier||10 MHz bandwidth, 120 dB range, automatic TCG60 MHz measurement time-base|
|Data Logging||One-handed automatic logging of stable measurements.Capacity for up to 5000 points including 640 point A-Scan data|
|Data Output||RS-485 single pair, half duplex for surface connection|
|ComputerSoftware||CygLink v4 allows remote logging and viewing of A-Scan graphs. Survey and report generation to PDF file.Graphic analysis of data and statistical calculations. Designed for Windows 7 and Windows 8.|